We can start with Gartman, one of worst, IMO, dissemblers of all time. What scared me most, is he actually is supposed to ``advise`` a gold fund. OMG, heaven help those stockholders. Let see, a U$D 1 Trillion PLATINUM Coin, is going to fix our economy, make all sense of all debts and disarm the WMD of DERIVATIVES of about 1.2 Trillion U$D or merely the 600 Quadrillion U$D the IMF recognizes. So how many financial Nukes does it take to collapse the Global Financial System ++ probably less than 600 U$D Quadrillion worth !!
Lets look at the freaky volatility hitting the metals, and the rules to tell when it's a smack down:
1. Always imposed at time of ILLIQUIDITY, middle of the night or so for their skullduggery.
2. Never a "drift-down" due to lack of interest, but rather a SPIKE-Down !
3. Volume at tsunami level, larger than the exchanges, some % of national or
4. Always Un-Economic, in that it is DUMPED, rather than fed into the system to make the most profit.
5. Rebound and "Back & Fill" movements eventually render the Smack-Down impotent by returning the metal to a higher level.
These are first five signs I can think of off the top of my head as I work to understand how the shenanigans of the US and Global Western Govts fail to address let alone resolve Global Systematic Financial Failure.
The above data is the FEDS data, no one else's.
So what do you do? Realize that THINGS Of VALUE are where VALUE rests.
Zero's and decimals look nice on paper, but in fact that is only where they are.
When you next go to buy something, ask yourself, what means of exchange will work when paper or plastic won't. Realize that whether NOMINAL PRICES change or not, anything NOT denominated in Silver or Gold Will Go Up in Price,