Sunday, March 8, 2009

AND NOW A WORD FROM OUR SPONSORS: KIVA.org and Now SHELTER BOX

Likely those of us who read this, have benefit of "Rule of Law", and probably Food, Clothing and Shelter for the forseeable future. Our worries and cares are, in fact, tiny when compared to those on this Planet who struggle daily for their subsistance and a safe place to live.

While we cannot readily change that, there is something we can do. As my favorite military author, B.H. Liddell-Hart, Cpt, RET. once penned, "Your objectives should be dictated by your means."

In this respect I urge you include in your giving, consideration, SHELTER BOX, Canada
[ http://www.shelterbox.ca/]. The provide temporary shelter to those suffering from
disasters such as Seismic, Fires & Floods, in places where this is no help. It is the helping hand we'd all want to have if our home burnt, if we suffered a tsunami, or if we'd been turned out of our homes by EarthQuake at the beginning of winter.
For Americans, SHELTERBOX can be accessed at: http://shelterboxusa.org/

SHELTERBOX originated in the UK, and can also be accessed there and in Australia and NZ.

The only thing I need to remember is : " There but for the grace of God, go I."
Having been lost one home to fire 6 days before Christmas, I know a little bit of what it feels to
be as a refugee, desperate and seemingly without hope.
Prepared to camp in the middle of winter is one thing, but having lost the means to care for oneself and family during the onset of winter is one of the most terrifying moments I think a human can endure.

FWIW, I try to provide my site as a service and so would any wish me profit from this blog, please translate that into positive things for SHELTERBOX and KIVA, if you would.

SHELTERBOX is an efficient volunteer organization, and I know my contribution went directly into helping the afflicted without administrative expense, which is great. Thanks for your attention to this unvarnished commercial message.

Good Luck All,

DG

No comments:

GUESTBOOK